Have you ever wanted to build solutions that will define the course of a budding industry? Solutions that can enable the exciting future of safe autonomous driving and connected vehicles? Automotive cybersecurity is a young industry that needs creative problem solvers to overcome technical and business challenges that have yet to be solved. Block Harbor seeks to design and build solutions to make securing cars easier and keep people safe.
As an Embedded Development Engineer, you will be in charge of developing production-quality engineering tools that directly alleviates pain points in this space. Due to the nature of embedded development and sometimes the test benches being vehicle-sized, this role will require a hybrid work schedule. In this technical role, you must be prepared to dive into the details, research new technologies, set up and maintain benches, and most importantly write quality code and design highly automated software tooling. Further, this position may require you to provide support and training to customers to ensure the products that you develop are able to address their needs effectively.
- Research new and existing vehicle interfaces and communication protocols to reproduce/discover attack methods
- Develop embedded software and scripts in C/C++, Python, Bash to automated vulnerability scanning and security testing for vehicle interfaces
- Develop software solutions to allow remote access to test benches from a centralized management system
- Perform necessary research to discover optimal technical solutions and prevent technical debt (do the job right the first time)
- Produce requirement, test specification, and user guide documentation as a part of product development
- Take ownership of project timelines, plan and organize time effectively to accomplish delivery targets, clearly communicate issues to leadership
- Work with team and customers to understand pain points and use cases, then design software solution to address them
- Provide training and field/remote support to customers to ensure high customer satisfaction with product
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (such as computer engineer or electrical engineer) OR relevant industry-certifications (such as: OSCP, CISSP, CompTIA security+, CEH) OR ability to demonstrate independently pursued capabilities (e.g. founder, researcher, etc.)
- 5 years of experience in embedded systems, offensive security, product security, software development, IT security or similar relevant roles
- Ability to rapidly prototype as well as develop production-quality code in C/C++, Python, and Bash
- Knowledge of IoT networking and ability to work within a cloud computing environment (e.g. AWS)
- Highly self-driven and motivated to get to the bottom of an issue and resolve it
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Eagerness to learn and develop one’s skills independently and create training to teach others
- Robust analytical and independent problem-solving skills, little need for directions
- 3+ years of experience in automotive cybersecurity
- Expertise in one or more of the following technologies: CAN, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, BLE, Automotive Ethernet, V2X, USB, Flex Ray, cellular technologies, mobile applications, cloud infrastructure, etc.
- Expertise in IoT infrastructure and networking technologies
- Expertise in risk-driven cybersecurity methodologies